The Plank Center for Leadership in Public Relations will honor the late public relations legend, Betsy Plank, by hosting a national celebration, Betsy Day, on April 7. For the third consecutive year, we are celebrating the life and legacy of Betsy Plank, the First Lady of public relations and the “Godmother of PRSSA.” Her contributions to the industry, example of leadership and passion for students have shaped the definition of success in the field today.
Betsy Day will involve a national social media campaign using #BetsyDay. Students, professionals and educators are invited to interact online from now to April 7. Here’s how:
PRSSA Chapters must accomplish the following two items in order to receive the grand prize.
- PRSSA Chapters must show the Betsy Plank tribute video at your upcoming meeting. Take a selfie of your chapter watching the video and tweet it using #BetsyDay to @PlankCenterPR.
- Come up with an innovative way to promote Betsy Day at your college or university! Get as creative as possible – the sky’s the limit! Tweet your idea in action to @PlankCenterPR using #BetsyDay and submit a summary detailing how your chapter incorporated Betsy Plank on campus to email@example.com.
As an educator, here’s how you can incorporate Betsy Plank into your classroom:
- Show the Betsy Plank tribute video
- Sharing your favorite Betsy quote
- Showing Betsy’s leadership interviews
- Incorporate infographics from Betsy’s famous speeches
Show us how your classroom incorporated Betsy Plank by tweeting at us (@PlankCenterPR) using #BetsyDay!
As a professional, here’s a few ways to get involved with Betsy Day:
- Tweet your favorite memory of Betsy Plank to @PlankCenterPR using #BetsyDay
- Snap a selfie watching the Betsy Plank tribute video. Don’t forget to tweet about it!
- Share your favorite Betsy quote with your twitter followers
- Change your profile picture to this gem
Betsy Plank Day Grand Prize 2016 Winners
1st Place: Kent State University
- Quarterly Skype sessions with members of the Plank Center board of advisors, including top professionals in the industry
- Year-long online subscription to PRWeek. But wait, there’s more!
- Skype sessions with Young Professional Panel.
- Title of Betsy Day 2016 Champions!
2nd Place: University of Oklahoma
- 2 Skype sessions with board members of your choice
3rd Place: University of South Dakota
- 1 Skype session with a board member of your choice