The Plank Center for Leadership in Public Relations honors the late public relations legend and its namesake, Betsy Plank, by hosting a national celebration, #BetsyPlank Day, on April 5. For the fifth consecutive year, we celebrate the life and legacy of Betsy Plank, the First Lady of public relations and the “Godmother of PRSSA.” Her contributions to the industry, example of leadership and passion for students have shaped the definition of success in the field today.
Betsy Day involves a national social media campaign using #BetsyPlank. Students, educators and professionals are invited to interact online from now throughout #BetsyPlank Day. Download this interactive toolkit to get started.
Does your chapter or organization have what it takes to be crowned the #BetsyPlank champions?
Join us in celebrating #BetsyPlank by giving back to your campus or community.
Step 1: Watch the Betsy Plank Tribute Video with your chapter or organization to learn and get inspired about Betsy Plank.
- Snap a selfie, share and tag @PlankCenterPR on Twitter or Instagram with #BetsyPlank.
Step 2: Betsy believed “volunteering was good for the soul.” There is no better way to celebrate #BetsyPlank than by giving back to your local community. So have your chapter or organization volunteer between now and #BetsyPlank Day.
- Share it on April 5th using #BetsyPlank on Twitter or Instagram.
- Email The Center a summary of how your chapter helped your community and honored Betsy. Send your submissions to email@example.com by April 5.
- Show how much your chapter loves Betsy! Throughout the month, share how your chapter or organization volunteers and celebrates Betsy using #BetsyPlank and tagging @PlankCenterPR.
The winning chapters will be announced on April 27.
#BetsyPlank Day Point System
- Watching #BetsyPlank Tribute Video & Tweeting Selfie: 10 points maximum
- Volunteering: 50 points maximum
- Emailing Summary: 25 points maximum
- Tweeting on #BetsyPlank Day and throughout April: 15 points maximum
- 1st Place: One chapter Skype session with a Plank Center board member and one chapter Skype session with an Emerging Leader Group member
- 2nd Place: Two chapter Skype sessions with an Emerging Leader Group member
- 3rd place: One Skype session with Emerging Leader Group member