After a very successful first Summit in Oct. 2018, the Plank Center’s second Summit on Diversity & Inclusion in Public Relations held Nov. 8, 2019, in Chicago in conjunction with the Center’s Milestones in Mentorship Gala. The sold-out Summit showcased cutting-edge research, highlighted organizations who are moving the D&I needle, and featured individuals who have overcome D&I challenges. Public relations and communication professionals, educators and students gained actionable insights to implement within their own organizations.
Agenda: View and download the Summit agenda (PDF)
The Summit featured two keynote speakers along with three impressive panels, which you can watch via the YouTube playlist below:
Scholarship Recipients: The Plank Center awarded eight diverse public relations students scholarships to attend the Plank Center’s Summit and Milestones in Mentoring Gala. Each scholarship included air travel to/from Chicago, one night’s stay (Nov. 7) at the Union League Club, one ticket to the Gala and one ticket to The Plank Summit, totaling an estimated $1,800. The scholarship recipients were:
- Daniel Baires, North Carolina State University
- Therese Castro, University of Texas at Austin
- Giana Darville, Oakwood University, Ala.
- Gisselle Garcia, University of Florida
- Gernise Gregoire, University of Florida
- Marco Ramirez, University of Central Arkansas
- Annabelle Schmitt, Penn State University
- Tamarra Thal, University of Florida