FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
August 20, 2021
THE PLANK CENTER RETURNS ITS MILESTONES IN MENTORING GALA: HONORING FIVE INFLUENTIAL INDUSTRY MENTORS
TUSCALOOSA, Ala. — The Plank Center for Leadership in Public Relations will honor five influential leaders at its annual Milestones in Mentoring Gala, taking place at the Union League Club of Chicago on Thursday, Nov. 11.
Congratulations to this year’s honorees, who will be presented by their mentees:
Jack Koten Corporate Award
- David Albritton, Founder & CEO, Nineteen88 Strategies, LLC, presented by Aaron Paxton Arnold, Lead Creative Specialist – B Code Media, H Code.
Bruce K. Berger Educator Award
- Dr. Jinx Coleman Broussard, Professor & Scholar, LSU Manship School of Mass Communication, presented by John Deveney, Owner & President, Deveney
- Tom Martin, Executive-in-Residence, The College of Charleston; Consultant; Writer, presented by Robert Q. Wilson, Associate Counsel at St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital
- Barby K. Siegel, CEO, Zeno Group, presented by Grant Deady, Managing Director & Chief Culture Officer, Zeno Group
Emerging Leader Award
- Myreete Stanforth, Senior Manager, Business Development, Ketchum, presented by Frances Campbell, Business Development Associate, Ketchum
“We are delighted to be back after a year hiatus honoring the north stars of our profession. These exemplary mentors have led by example throughout a challenging year by motivating, inspiring and cultivating their teams and many others,“ said Bridget Coffing, Chair, The Plank Center Board of Advisors.
This annual Gala honors leaders throughout the profession who are dedicated to thoughtful mentorship, ethical leadership and the advancement of DEI within the industry. Selected by a committee, the Gala awards honorees in the following mentorship categories:
- John “Jack” Koten Corporate Award: Mentors whose professional public relations roles have been internal to their organizations.
- Bruce K. Berger Educator Award: Educators who through mentoring have touched the lives and careers of countless public relations students.
- Legacy Award: Individuals who have touched the lives of countless public relations professionals over the course of their distinguished and exceptional careers.
- Agency Award: Outstanding mentors in an agency setting or consulting role.
- Emerging Leader Award: Up-and-coming young professionals already paying it forward.
In an effort to facilitate more networking time and attendee interaction, a favorite part of the evening, this year’s event will consist of a reception following the awards ceremony.
Tickets for this year’s event can be purchased using the sponsorship guide & registration form listed on The Plank Center’s Milestones in Mentoring webpage.
About The Plank Center
The Plank Center for Leadership in Public Relations is the leading international resource working to support students, educators and practitioners who are passionate about the public relations profession. Founded at The University of Alabama in 2005, the Center is named in honor of Betsy Plank, the “First Lady of PR.” Betsy’s legacy and vision continues on in the Center’s programs and initiatives to advance the profession and public relations education. For more information, please visit plankcenter.ua.edu and follow our social media channels (@PlankCenterPR).
Communications Specialist, The Plank Center
firstname.lastname@example.org | 205.348.7250