The Milestones in Mentoring Awards, established in 2010, seek to honor those who lead by example, modeling the way through two-way communication and exemplary behaviors.
The following mentors will be honored at the Milestones in Mentoring Banquet at the Union League Club of Chicago on Thursday, Nov. 10:
- Legacy: Ginger Hardage, senior vice president emeritus, culture & communications, Southwest Airlines Co.
- Executive: Dr. Stuart R. Bell, president, The University of Alabama
- Corporate: Joe Evangelisti, chief communications officer, worldwide corporate communications & media relations, JPMorgan Chase & Co.
- Agency: Aedhmar Hynes, chief executive officer, Text100 Global Communications
- Educator: Dr. Linda Hon, professor, The University of Florida
- Young Professional: Jesse Salazar, vice president, communications, Council of Foundations
Celebrate With Us
If you or your organization would like to celebrate with us on Nov. 10, please fill out the Mentoring Dinner Registration Form. If you have any questions, please call 205-348-7250.
About the Awards
The Awards are presented at a dinner held each fall in Chicago. Honorees are selected in six categories by their peers, the Honoring Milestones in Mentoring Host Committee or The Plank Center Advisory Board:
- Legacy: recognizes those who have touched the lives of countless public relations professionals over the course of their exceptional careers.
- Agency: recognizes those who have been outstanding mentors in an agency.
- Young Professional: honors young professionals who are up-and-coming leaders who are already paying it forward.
- Educator: goes to educators who have been instrumental in mentoring students and future educators. This award is named in honor of Dr. Bruce K. Berger, an exceptional public relations leader and educator.
- Corporate: recognizes corporate communication professionals for mentorship. This award is named in honor of John “Jack” Koten, an influential corporate public relations leader.
- Executive: honors executives who exemplify the concept of mentorship.