Are you attending the 2016 “Milestones in Mentoring” Gala? Download the agenda.
The Milestones in Mentoring Awards, established in 2010, seek to honor those who lead by example, modeling the way through two-way communication and exemplary behaviors.
The following mentors will be honored at the Milestones in Mentoring Banquet at the Union League Club of Chicago on Thursday, Nov. 10:
- Legacy: Ginger Hardage, senior vice president emeritus, culture & communications, Southwest Airlines Co.
- Executive: Dr. Stuart R. Bell, president, The University of Alabama
- Corporate: Joe Evangelisti, chief communications officer, worldwide corporate communications & media relations, JPMorgan Chase & Co.
- Agency: Aedhmar Hynes, chief executive officer, Text100 Global Communications
- Educator: Dr. Linda Hon, professor, The University of Florida
- Young Professional: Jesse Salazar, vice president, communications, Council of Foundations
In addition to honoring six dynamic leaders, the Center will award its first-ever Betsy Plank Mentorship Award. The award is a special recognition for lifetime efforts in mentoring and leading. Honoring those who have shaped the future, the award recognizes the dedication and impact of individuals who have fostered relationships with their organization, community and profession.
- Betsy Plank Mentorship Award: Ralph Campagna, executive director, Off the Street Club in Chicago
Celebrate With Us
If you or your organization would like to celebrate with us on Nov. 10, please fill out the Mentoring Dinner Registration Form. If you have any questions, please call 205-348-7250.
About the Awards
The Awards are presented at a dinner held each fall in Chicago. Honorees are selected in six categories by their peers, the Honoring Milestones in Mentoring Host Committee or The Plank Center Advisory Board:
- Legacy: recognizes those who have touched the lives of countless public relations professionals over the course of their exceptional careers.
- Agency: recognizes those who have been outstanding mentors in an agency.
- Young Professional: honors young professionals who are up-and-coming leaders who are already paying it forward.
- Educator: goes to educators who have been instrumental in mentoring students and future educators. This award is named in honor of Dr. Bruce K. Berger, an exceptional public relations leader and educator.
- Corporate: recognizes corporate communication professionals for mentorship. This award is named in honor of John “Jack” Koten, an influential corporate public relations leader.
- Executive: honors executives who exemplify the concept of mentorship.