The Milestones in Mentoring Awards, established in 2010, seek to honor those who lead by example, modeling the way through two-way communication and exemplary behaviors. Please join us as we honor six industry leaders and recognize their commitment to leading by example.
Thursday, October 26, 2017
5:30 – 9:00 p.m.
Union League Club, Chicago
We have many options available. Becoming a sponsor is a great way to support the event and the many initiatives of the Plank Center. Please download the sponsorship packet for more information.
- Legacy: Willard “Bill” D. Nielsen, Trustee, Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
- Corporate: Jeff Winton, Senior Vice President, Corporate Affairs & CCO, Astellas Pharma US
- Agency: Grace Leong, CEO & Partner, Hunter Public Relations
- Educator: Dr. Linda Hon, Professor, Department of Public Relations, The University of Florida
- Executive: Cheryl Bachelder, CEO, Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen (Emeritus)
Additionally, we have several outstanding candidates for our Young Professional Award and will be announcing our 2017 recipient shortly.
About the Awards
The Awards are presented at a dinner held each fall in Chicago. Honorees are selected in six categories by their peers, the Honoring Milestones in Mentoring Host Committee or The Plank Center Advisory Board:
- Legacy: recognizes those who have touched the lives of countless public relations professionals over the course of their exceptional careers.
- Agency: recognizes those who have been outstanding mentors in an agency.
- Young Professional: honors young professionals who are up-and-coming leaders who are already paying it forward.
- Educator: goes to educators who have been instrumental in mentoring students and future educators. This award is named in honor of Dr. Bruce K. Berger, an exceptional public relations leader and educator.
- Corporate: recognizes corporate communication professionals for mentorship. This award is named in honor of John “Jack” Koten, an influential corporate public relations leader.
- Executive: honors executives who exemplify the concept of mentorship.
We’ve had the privilege of honoring more than 40 professionals who have paved the way for countless generations of public relations professionals. Get to know our previous honorees.